Friday, September 7, 2012

Welcome to a New School Year

     Welcome to our Kindergarten blog!  I am Mrs. Huminsky, your child's teacher.  As most of you know, I will be in for Ms. Roberts until she returns in November from maternity leave.  I am so happy to be here with your children!  I created this blog in the hopes that parents will be able to access classroom information, keep up to date on our work, and communicate with me.  Please feel free to post comments or send me messages whenever you have questions.  I will be happy to hear from you!

   
     We are a couple weeks into school and your children are doing great!  We have read lots of stories, practiced our writing and letter recognition, and have been talking about numbers and quantities.  A couple of things you can do with your child to keep the year going strong are read to them daily (even 15 minutes is beneficial!) and have them practice writing their names.

     Stay tuned!  We will be keeping busy in our Kindergarten room....

Sincerely,

Mrs. Huminsky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment